Social Media Specialist
Creates, facilitates and moderates content and campaigns across social media channels for Faith Life Ministries and works directly with the Marketing team. Download Printable Summary
Department: Creative Services
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Creative Services
Amount of Travel Required: None
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
- Manage all social media content and campaigns across all channels including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Cross-functional collaboration with key partners in Content, Marketing & Product to produce, collect materials, strategize, research topics and ideas, and build content for social media posting
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Strategize and work closely with Director of Marketing and Communication to help increase engagement and following of the ministry.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage and coordinate actions and initiatives
- Work with leadership to help develop, establish, and maintain annual marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives
- Work closely with internal designers and developers to achieve goals, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a strong community around the brand
- Set up and optimize ministry pages within each platform to increase visibility of the ministry's social content
- Moderate all user-generated content online within the moderation policy for the ministry
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Capture photos to upload to social media platforms from company events and other activities
- Maintain a current knowledge base of industry standards applicable to social media for non-profit organizations
- Analyze web and social media metrics regularly to make recommendations on strategy and resource allocation
- Execute all administrative functions for the social media team including analytic reports, calendars, and other operational processes
- Help to manage and contribute to multiple company newsletters
- Consults with the Director of Creative Services regarding PR and administers PR for promotions of the ministry, events and products as needed.
- Monitors other ministries trends and habits as well as other trending topics.
Skills, Abilities & Requirements
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Marketing or Communications
2 plus years of experience in Social Media Marketing or relevant
Microsoft Office and knowledge of Social Media platforms.