Set up, or set up and operate associated spotlights and other custom lighting systems for the ministry's production needs such as: weekend services, P&W Practice, First Wednesday services, conferences, productions and activities as needed. Download Printable Summary
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Television Director
Amount of Travel Required: None
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
- Notify supervisors when major equipment repairs are needed.
- Locate and secure settings, properties, effects, and other production necessities.
- Working with the director and/or other staff to interpret their creative vision into the lighting design, keep current with new lighting trends and make suggestions to keep the presentation fresh.
- Work regularly with the lighting team, teaching them new techniques and helping them acquired the design and effect requested.
- Work within the lighting budget and advise on the purchase of suitable equipment via submitting purchase orders to management for approval.
- Visiting and assessing locations for technical purposes.
- Conduct regular maintenance checks on all lighting equipment and does any maintenance required (e.g. maintaining a supply of bulbs and gels on hand for quick replacement).
- Establish lighting requirements.
- Perform and/or oversee any lighting upgrades.
- Perform plotting, programming and operating lighting consoles for the lighting and special effects and perform assembly of all the lighting and filter equipment needed.
- Supervise the focusing of lighting at rehearsals.
- Operate and maintain equipment during a shoot including changing lighting between shots as needed.
- Responsible for de-rigging all equipment at the end of the broadcast or production and ensuring it is safely transported away from the location and/or stored.
- Responsible for communicating with the floor manager, producer and sound technician throughout the project or performance.
- Notify floor manager/management of any scheduling changes.
- Attend conference, seminars and/or training to keep current on technology and trends.
Skills, Abilities & Requirements
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- 2 plus years of experience in Lighting equipment, color theory, electricity and light modifiers
- Must be experienced in lighting studio, field shoots, and special events.