Facilities Assistant - Full Time
Assists Facilities Director to oversee and maintain the church building and surrounding grounds. Download Printable Summary
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Facilities Director
Amount of Travel Required: None
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
Monday & Tuesday: Off
- Assists with upkeep of the building, grounds, and maintenance equipment.
- Assists with repairs as needed or requested by the Facilities Director.
- Assist with potential recruits or volunteers for special activities and events.
- Assists in the interaction with Dream Teamers and ministry visitors and guests when needed.
- Assists with upholding safety codes and laws for ministry building and grounds.
- Works independently of Facilities Director under supervision of the Facilities Director.
- Responsible for locking or closing down of the building Monday-Friday.
- Trained as backup on the security and fire alarm systems including the Win Pak PC software.
- Trained on the HVAC system including the software to maintain the heating and cooling for the building.
- Operates in the normal duties of the Facilities Director in their absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Facilities Director.
- Assists in operating tractor, trimmer, and blower necessary for grounds/lawn maintenance.
- Assists in set up of events for the facility.
- Operates up to a 30 ft. lift for events and special projects.
Skills, Abilities & Requirements
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: 3 plus years of experience in electrical preferred
3 plus years of experience in Maintenance or Facility operations
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office