Perform duties too varied and diverse to be classified in any specific office clerical occupation, requiring knowledge of office systems and procedures. Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of the church ministry and may include a combination of answering telephones, typing or word processing, and filing. Download Printable Summary
Department: Creative Services
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Creative Services
Amount of Travel Required: None
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
- Complete work schedules, manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Deliver messages and run errands.
- Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
- Process and prepare documents, such as business forms and expense reports.
- Train other staff members to perform work activities, such as using computer applications.
- Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and record and transcribe minutes.
- Count, weight, measure, or organize materials.
Skills, Abilities & Requirements
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
2 plus years of experience in Administrative office