Live Mix Audio Technician
Operate machines and equipment to record, synchronize, mix, or reproduce music, voices, or sound effects for the ministry services and ministry video productions. Download Printable Summary
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Television Director
Job Type: Regular
Amount of Travel Required: 5%
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
Positions Supervised: None
- Confer with producers and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for a production, such as a musical recording or a video.
- Record speech, music, and other sounds on recording media, using recording equipment.
- Regulate volume level and sound quality during live services, using control consoles.
- Keep logs of recordings.
- Report equipment problems and ensure that required repairs are made.
- Set up, test, and adjust recording equipment for live performances.
- Convert audio recordings into digital formats for editing or archiving.
- Reproduce and duplicate sound recordings from original recording media, using sound editing and duplication equipment.
- Live sound experience including show running and set up.
- Proficiency in Yamaha M7CL
- Comprehensive understanding of signal flow.
- Some experience with DAWs (Protools, Logic, etc.)
- Some knowledge of Field audio recording.
- Proficiency with wireless audio equipment.
Skills, Abilities & Requirements
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
2 plus years of experience in Live sound mixing